Sunday, June 28, 2009

Latest Try: LiftSP Anti-wrinkle Serum

So after months of seeing the ‘celebrity anti-wrinkle secret’ flashing ad on the right side of my Facebook page, I finally gave in. In a moment of weakness, my next birthday looming, I decided I would pay the shipping for a free trial of LiftSP Multi-Peptide Youth Serum. I don’t know what peptides are (not that Wikipedia couldn’t fix that in 2 seconds) and the claim “youth serum” is hardly to be believed. But I ordered, tried it, and lo and behold, my face looks better! I thought maybe I was only believing what I wanted to believe and perhaps just getting better sleep, but then it was confirmed by a friend I see on a regular basis. “Lately your skin is looking really good – are you doing something different?” The main ingredients are seaweed extract and purified water, followed by a string of peptide types and acai. The website says: “Six peptides significantly modulate muscle contraction, thus destabilizing the cell so that it cannot release the neurotransmitters that make muscles contract, [sounds like Botox] thus preventing formation of lines and wrinkles and improving the look of deep lines and wrinkles.” A variety of sites offer the free trial - a real bonus since the retail cost is not for the faint of heart: $134 for .5 fl oz. Thank goodness a little goes a long way. I actually mix one short pump with my moisturizer when applying. What ‘youth serums’ have you tried?

1 comment:

  1. Wow - word gets around fast! An unmarked envelope arrived in the mail this week, containing a page made to look like it was ripped out of "News Today" magazine's Nov. 15, 2008 issue. It's an ad for "De-Age," claiming "Diminishes Deep Wrinkles, Erases Fine Lines, and Reduces Dark Circles." A 1-800 number is provided, to call and receive a sample. The eerie part of it is the seemingly hand-written note at the top of the page: "Lola Call Fast, it works! I only paid shipping!" I investigated. A website exists: www.deageskincare.com - linked from Perfection Skincare International: www.perfectionintl.com, which seems to offer several products, yet the only one you can click on is De-Age. No prices appear on the website, and the background info is thin. In a moment of boredom I might call the number. Have you received the same ad? Called the number?

    ReplyDelete